Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving...

As we celebrate one of the most wonderful holidays of the whole year, I hope and pray each of you are blessed beyond measure. It is a wonderful thing to be with people you love and make memories together. It is good to have a holiday that is about giving thanks for the things that we have, the things we may take for granted the rest of the year. I hope each of you will spend time reflecting and giving thanks for the blessings in your life.


Our day is being spent with one of the most wonderful families we know. We are doing something a bit different, but I am excited for it. We are doing a community dinner in the little country town they live in. Five turkeys and five hams will be cooked up and it is a potluck meal- so there will be quite a variety of food to choose from. We are honored to be with them this holiday. I do hope each of you are blessed today, with wherever you are and however you are celebrating.

I am so thankful for my family, friends, and the beautiful place we get to live in! I am thankful for Jesus Christ, and his love, grace, and mercy. I hope you are filled with love today for those around you.

May we also pray for those who are alone today and those who are hurting because they have lost a loved one. Lord may you be their strength today and cover them in your peace that passes all understanding.
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment