Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Eat, drink, and enjoy the fruit of your labor...

I read through Ecclesiastes a couple of months ago and have been pondering this statement. It is said at least 4 times in the short book and I want to glean the wisdom from this. We spend so much time going from one place to the next. For me, it is making lists and checking them off and then making more lists...like a hamster on a wheel- going round and round.

Yes, I enjoy parts of the labor, but most days I am running around so busy trying to get everything done, that I don't take time to stop and enjoy the journey. Sadly, I will exhaust myself long before I enjoy the day. Now, some days are just going to be non-stop busy- no getting around it- but what about the days we fill with things that aren't as necessary? Where has our day of rest gone? Mine became non-existent for some time. Thankfully, I have a husband who likes to take his day of rest after working so hard all week- so I am forced with learning this. :) It is something I have started teaching my kids too. They always have places to go, people to see, things to do. We are guarding Sunday's- as best we can- to have some quiet time, to reflect on things, to slow down and enjoy life instead of running to keep up.

I don't know where along life's path, I stopped taking time to enjoy life. The worries and stresses catch up with us and we can find that we haven't laughed in weeks or months! Now I have never struggled with the eating and drinking- those just happen naturally and over board at times. Nothing better than a pumpkin spice latte right now with a handful of chocolate covered coffee beans that melt in my mouth as I sip down the coffee. :) Also, I  have been on a big bruschetta kick lately...anyway- food and drink  are easy to fit in, but the "enjoy" is what I have lost. O, I want to enjoy life- moment by moment! It is tough though. So this is just as much me talking to myself as it is encouraging you- find things you enjoy and do them!

These words were written by. Solomon, the wisest man to ever live. He experienced so much in his life and had everything a heart desires and this, my friends, is his wisdom on life.


Eat, drink, and enjoy the fruit of your labor- don't spend all of your time go,go,going and do,do,doing that you forget to enjoy,joy,joy living.

1 comment:

  1. And so you shall eat, drink, and enjoy the fruit of all your labor tomorrow! Happy Thanksgiving Rose! You are a blessing, and I pray you are able to reflect on who He is and rest in Him tomorrow! (More on this in tomorrow's post) Love you, sister!

    ReplyDelete