Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gray skies...

Today is such a day...gray skies.  It is noon and looks more like dusk. I find myself not very motivated to do much, but there is much to do- so I gotta get to it. Days like this- I wish we had a fire place- the flickering light from that makes up from the lack of light from the sunshine. I usually like days like this- but today I seem to be struggling with it.

I know why- because I need to go outside and work and who wants to go do that on a day like today? Bed seems to be calling my name, but I am trying to ignore that voice. I should have a meal in the crock pot or something to bring a cozy feel to this cold, gray day. The weather is  fitting to where we have been in life too. Just a bit gloomy, a bit unmotivated.

We all have seasons like this and we all have gotta figure out a way to snap out of it, or at least hang on and ride it out. What do you do to snap out of a gloomy day? I would like to know. Please share...

Days like today, I am extra thankful that my salvation is not based on my merit or works. Today is a good day of remembering who I am in God's eyes. Though this is seeming to be a "red light" day- lots of things not going as I would wish them to go- I am just thankful for a gracious husband- who really won't care to come home to a mess or late dinner (or no dinner-haha). I am thankful for days like this that make the other types of days- where a lot gets done- seem so much more victorious...I am thankful for music that can change the mood of a room, and I am thankful for the fact that gray skies don't last forever!

Ecclesiastes 3:1 "To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven..."

1 comment:

  1. Funny that I just posted something similar on my blog about seasons. My only encouragement is to be encouraged! Hehe. Know that during these times (and we all must go through them), you ARE still moving, whether you see it or not. You are not alone, sister! Sometimes we just need a new perspective, and yes, some coffee by a nice warm fire:) You are welcome to sit by mine anytime! Press on and keep moving. Be reminded of who He is and who you are: He is faithful and you are His! :)
    Love you, sister!

    ReplyDelete