Saturday, November 19, 2011

Chickens, Ants, and things that make you go crazy!!

I recently was out of town visitng a friend. We were driving- chatting, catching up and without any warning, out of no where my friend says "O YA!" (or something like that) and hits the pedal to the metal driving quickly toward her fence for her livestock as she is laying on the horn going crazy. My feet swing up to brace me from the dash (yes I know that is not what you are suppose to do upon a collision- but it is my reaction), I am holding on for dear life trying to figure out what in the world was going on. She comes to a sharp halt just inches away from the fence- still yelling and laying on the horn... I am still laughing picturing it! From there she flies out of the driver seat and goes out running...over what?! What happened?! What was this all about?!... Chickens in her yard!

What is it that can drive you crazy?

For me it is ants- those things seem to turn up no matter where I live. It is not due to a lack of cleanliness, I feel like they just like making me crazy! I have researched them, looked up the few verses on them, even DVRed a show on them to figure out why they track me down appear wherever I am at. They show up in our bathrooms and kitchen- come out of outlets, floor vents, and any crack or crevice that exists. I have bombed, had someone come out and re-bomb, and those little critters WILL NOT DIE! I buy terro constantly- heard that is suppose to do the trick- I have terro shaken around my house, terro traps in garage, and liquid terro when they reach indoors. I will just wake one morning and they will be all over the place- o it makes me so furious! I have been known to talk to them- "Why are you back? What do you want from me?"
 My kids think I am nuts and really they about drive me there at times! Why, o why?!

I think there are lessons to learn in everything we experience...so maybe I am a slow learner! haha O it is funny how little things like this can just turn us into mad-women. Speaking of which to finish the chicken story- a little time goes by and we are in the house getting dinner ready and wouldn't you know it a chicken was in the garden, my friend wasted no time...she bolted out the door and I get to the window to watch her chasing that darn thing around until she caught up to it and "helped" that chicken remember where it belonged- on the other side of the fence. :) Good job Kirsten friend.

Share your story...what can take you from your calm day and turn you into a speeding maniac? It may not change anything, but it could bring laughter and a great memory as my friend did to me this weekend. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment