Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Sweet, Strong Man...

He is quiet a lot of the time, hard working, loyal, and wiser than I am- alot of the time. Our marriage is real and raw- we get frustrated with each other, we have went to bed with a pillow down the center of the bed to assure that we have our own sides, we have not always made the right choices- but we love each other and when it isn't easy coming- we choose to love each other and make it through.

I give the man extra kudos because he lives in a home with four ladies. His main male companion is our black lab and he often refers to him as his son. Poor guy- really needs a man cave. He endures though, finding sanity in his sports- whether it is on tv or playing soccer or softball still. And all his hard work is for his family because we are what matters most to him. I appreciate him so much!

The biggest thing he has taught me is unconditional love. I have never had that from anyone else on this earth. I have realized this recently as I have been reflecting on alot of things. This man loves me when I really am so off my rocker- I barly can stand myself. He always compliments me, always sees me as beautiful- though as I have viewed pictures from years passed in my cut off orange sweats- I think wow- was he blind!! I was so hard on him early in our marraige, but I am so thankful for him in my life today. Yes, he can really irritate me more often than not- but I don't know what I would do without him.

He is an amazing man and I am thankful to be Mrs. Kelly Hillburn.


This is Kelly and I celebrating our 17th anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment