Saturday, November 5, 2011

Teenagers...

I love my teenagers! Even before they reached "teen age" I was preparing my mind to see this time as fun and enjoyable (not that all of it would be- what stage of life is). I recommend two book that I have found so helpful for this season of life: Age of Opportunity , by Paul David Tripp- the title alone is a draw to me!! and the second I have just picked up this passed year- Boundaries with Teens, by John Townsend. The first book I have read through a few times and refer to when I need reminded of things.

Well this week, we were presented another teachable moment. One of my girls, lied to me and so we have had to deal with the consequences of a poor decision. It has been a week of heart ache on both parts and tears- again on both parts. So discipline has been dealt out and life moves forward. As a mom, we hope the lesson is learned, but only time will tell. These are wonderful opportunities to show grace and mercy to our children. We can show them unconditional love. It is hard sometimes to see passed our own frustration and to be the way we need to be for them, in the moment it matters most.

So it has been a tough week parenting a teen, but I am so excited watching my girls grow and learn through the ups and downs of life. I am so very proud of the little ladies they are turning into...I just wish they would slow it down a bit! Here are my three sweet children:


No comments:

Post a Comment