Thursday, December 1, 2011

Balance...


If you asked my girls what word I use with them ALL the time they would tell you- balance. All my lectures meaningful discussions with them usually end up somewhere in this word. Balance is key to life, in my opinion.

The way I see things- everything has a healthy balance. Now, this is not to say that each of us balance the same- because we don't. We are each uniquely made and so we each must discover for ourselves how we balance just right to live out a fulfilling life.

There are so many areas in our life to achieve a balance and so it is a life long pursuit. The challenge is in maintaining balance. There will be seasons of chaos and we have lessons to learn through those times as well, but those seasons sure make the balanced seasons so much sweeter. :)

Since my girls were tired of my use of this word- (I was out of balance on the word "balance" haha), I looked up synonyms to use in place of the word...equilibrium, realignment...then in biology I was thrilled (obviously didn't remember from high school years) to learn the word, homeostasis, and how this is the description of how our physical bodies strive to remain in balance. O yes, it was a great day to come home and share with the girls just how the body was designed to keep in balance!!

Today- it is a treasure for me to hear my oldest child mention (more often than I think she even realizes) how she is striving for balance. I have all these hallelujahs going off in my heart, and it supplies me with drive to continue teaching and speaking this to the next two that follow, even with their rolling of the eyes. Though they don't want to hear it at times- it still gets in their minds as we continue to not only speak it, but live it before them. Then, one day you see it reaching their hearts as they start speaking and living it out for themselves.

 
How are you doing with balance in your life today? I strongly urge you to take time and sit quietly before the Lord and see if there are things that need adjusting. What better time than now??

The key to keeping your balance is knowing when you've lost it. Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment