Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Encapsulate...

I was reading through my  journal this week and found a prayer I had written asking the Lord to "encapsulate" me with His presence. I ponder this word today.

As we sit at a sporting event, it is amazing how enthusiastic we can be in it. It is also amazing to see how foul it can make us. However, I am thinking on the exuberant expression of joy as fans jump up and down- shouting out praises to the team and cheering on the victory that is so badly desired. We are encapsulated by the game at hand- we are fully absorbed in our surroundings and don't feel the least bit foolish jumping up and down after the touch down or as the ball makes the goal box or swooshes through the basket. We are fully engulfed in the moment. It feels great! But- do we, do I get this excited when I praise the Lord? Do I exhibit my excitement the same way toward the Lord? It is a bit convicting because my answer is no...but I want to be. I think of David dancing through the streets before the Lord. Yes, some mocked him- but just like sports fans- he didn't care that he was being mocked? There is no hindrances to the elated emotion.

So to be encapsulated we must be unhindered...unhindered in our focus of mind. See the focus at the game is on the field (I am going with football here). The mind is focused on the play at hand. All we care about is our team getting the ball to the touchdown line or our defense stuffing the opponent so we take possession over again. So for a 48 minute game, there is a passion that pours out of us that doesn't compare.

Encapsulated by the presence of my Lord- unhindered,focused, passionate- a few more words are linked up with this now. I desire to be unhindered in my devotion and worship to the King of kings! I am passionate to be in His presence, to know Him first hand, to just love and worship Him.

O Lord, I do pray to be fully covered by You.
Fully passionate and unhindered in worship to You.
You are so patient and kind and merciful, You are full of truth and wisdom.
I pray you have your way in each of us praying this today.
May we see things as You do,
May we be overflowing with joy because of your goodness.
You are the King of kings and Lord of lords and I pray for our lives
to be lived out unhindered and passionately,
that we may be encapsulated by You.
Help us not complicate it, help us be surrendered before You.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment