Sunday, December 11, 2011

Life is like a round-about...

Some years back I was driving back to Portland to take another turn of caring for my dad who had just received a liver transplant, driving and praying- this picture came to mind- a round about...


(the one I pictured had two roads to choose from)


It was a picture for my family. We were on this round about and there were two options: one would lead to brokenness and discord and the other would bring peace and unity. So many things had become a part of our lives that there was some tough choices to make and unfortunately too many veered to the first option. So for the passed four years, life has been filled with some tough stuff. At times, someone  could change a direction slightly, but then really continue on this first path.

Here we are presently and in God's grace and mercy, I find that my family has made it back to the round about. We are circling this place again and we have these two paths before us. We are a bit wiser now due to the hard knocks from previous choices, and so I pray we try the other options this time around.

We all have moments when we are on this round about and the choices before us are ones that affect those who love us so much. In this place- it isn't about the love- the love is deep and there for ever- but it is about trust and fellowship, peace and unity, making memories worth making, and growing in the call of our lives.

I adore my family. Ya we can be crazy and wretched at times- we are humans- it is in us- but I love them, and am proud of where we are at today. God has blessed us with second chances and that, my friend, is one of the sweetest gifts a person can get. So if you know someone who needs a second chance- extend the hand of mercy. It is a beautiful thing.

And on another note- which could be another blog in itself- don't ever underestimate the power of prayer. I believe with every bit of my being that it is answered prayer that has brought us all back to a second chance option. So if you know someone who has veered to the tougher path- do not give up praying for them. God hears our prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment