Monday, December 19, 2011

Limited time...

We, in America, live trying to fit more hours in the day than exist. I have been the captain of that ship many times in my life. Anyone who has children can't escape having more to do than there is time for. Presently, we are in one of the busiest months of the year as people are shopping and scurrying around to try and make the holiday season all they hope and expect it to be.

So where do we fit in time to be still and meet with God?? I have become good at prayer on the go- and that is good to do, but we must have the moments of quieting ourselves before the Lord. I was up this morning trying to do just that- and I had so many things popping up in my mind- o email a thank you to this person, send pictures to that person, make Kelly's lunch, baking list needed...and on the list went...I got through 1/2 a chapter in Philippians and was like- "what did I just read??" My mind was not focused. I know it happens to all of us, so I want to share something that encouraged me...

I switched and picked up a devotion I have been working through...no joke- the title "Rules for a Busy Life." (I am laughing even as I type it!) I am just going to write it out as I read it because the book said it so wonderfully...
If you have not much time at your own disposal, do not fail to make good use of every moment you have. It does not require long hours to love God, to renew the consciousness of his presence, to lift up the heart to him or worship him, to offer him all we do or bear. This is the true kingdom of God within us, which nothing can disturb.
Sometimes we have an hour or hours to worship and read and take in the Word, and other times we don't. When we don't- reading a verse and meditating on it is better than skipping it completely because we have too much going on. :) Again I am reminded that I am so fast to complicate things the Lord has made simple.


So as Christmas is a week away, the time is ticking...don't forget to fit in the most important part of life- even if it is a brief 3 minutes...you won't regret it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment