Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Standing in awe...

Today was a day I stood in awe. A day where tears filled my eyes to watch what took place. It was not that something grand took place, or even something that anyone else would know or care about aside from the handful of eyewitnesses here. However, my heart was moved and I give praise to the Lord for what I saw.

It was really quite a simple thing- it was my witnessing someone do something kind for someone else- with no expectation of return or even recognition or gratitude needed. It was the sweetest, purest form of servanthood and it touched my heart. It challenged me to seek opportunities to bless others just for the sake of blessing them, no returns desired.

Maybe part of my standing in awe is linked to the miracle attached to it. Regardless though, all I can say is that I stood in awe of God's hand at work in front of my eyes. Every good and perfect gift is from above and so when something so good and perfect is bestowed upon someone else- that is from the Lord. He deserves the glory and so I say- glory to God! :)

This is the time of year so many of us make our resolutions and want to change things about ourselves. This year I didn't make resolutions- I just want to press forward, to know Christ more, and to be about the greatest commandment- to love Him and others...that is what I saw displayed today and it (obviously) deeply moved me. And it isn't a New Year's resolution- it is my life pursuit. I hope your eyes would witness something like this and that it would tug on your heart to act upon it...better yet, be this example for someone else to witness and have a tug on their heart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment