Friday, April 26, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Friend

Just writing the word "friend" brings a thrill to my heart. I have had such amazing friends in my life. I am truly blessed in this. Friends are that extra sweetness in life and I truly don't think I would be where I am at today without them.

What is a friend? A friend is someone who loves you despite your failures and who will be honest with you- even when it is tough, but who truly cares for you and you for them. It takes knowing how to be a friend to have a friend and I have found that this is a continual growth process. I am embarrassed of the type of friend I was years ago and thankful for the grace shed on me. Works in progress- always! :)

I have felt the lonliness of life too though. I had no sisters growing up and never had any really close connections with women through my early years. However, I have been blessed with three daughters and I look forward to a friendship with them in years to come. I do hope and pray each of you get to experience true friendship. It is such a treasure.

Much worth the effort! :)

Five Minutes done! (I did have to fix my grammar though, so technically not "unedited"- haha)

5 comments:

  1. "Friends are the extra sweetness in life." Yes, yes. Especially when you've known loneliness, you understand what a treasure friends are! Thanks for sharing Rose! Oh, and I always edit my grammer too so, you're not the only guilty one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love you! What a blessing you are to so many. Thanks for being you, Rose. You are a friend like no other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...as soon as I heard today's word was Friend, I was filled with excitement to write. Friendship is a treasure! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My life has been made richer, fuller, because of friends. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete