Friday, February 1, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Afraid

This word describes much of my life. Like on "Hinds Feet on High Places" I can relate to Much Afraid. I desire bravery, but seem to fall in this category more often than not.

I am in the process of overcoming and transforming into something more of courage and just believing in who God is and who He has created me to be. It is a slow process, but I see Him at work and I am thankful for the valley walks and the mountain top highs.

I think fear took over when I became a mom- there was so much I felt I stood to lose at that point with my sweet girls in my life that I lost the adventure part of me and replaced it with being afraid.

I now have a child who spends more time making sure things are safe than just enjoying life and we are working on that- the both of us are. I am so thankful we are works in progress and I know that with all that goes on in the world there are things that cause us to be afraid, but we can still walk in the Lord's peace and believe that He will get us through anything we come up against.

That I am sure of! For Much Afraid becomes Grace and Glory!

2 comments:

  1. i am the post right after yours at the 5 minute friday link up. i totally relate to you. i think there is something that shifted for me as well when i became a mom. i do struggle with fear, but i too seek to find freedom in Him.

    i loved that book that you referenced. such a great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- the love for our children seems to bring a new load of fears to the table. Thanks so much for taking time to read my post.
      I went and read yours and enjoyed it very much. I couldn't figure out how to leave a comment though.

      Delete