Friday, February 15, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Beloved

My girls just drove off to school and as I stood at the window and watched them drive off my heart was full of love...they are my beloved.

There are so many ups and downs of parenting and through the different seasons we work through different types of exhaustion and different peaks of joy and love. Through every step of it though- our children are our most beloved treasures this side of heaven.

My parenting is coming to an end with my oldest. Yes, I will always be her mom and love her as my daughter, but she is an adult now and moving into this season with all the hope, anticipation, and struggles we all have to go through. I am proud of her. Not to far behind her is my nearly 16 year old- who cannot wait to be spreading her own wings and experiencing life for herself. I am trying to soak up the time I have left with her. Then I will have one more...a few short years of taking in all I can with my girls and I plan to experience them to the fullest.

So thankful the Lord allowed me the honor of having these three amazing girls in my life. They are my beloved children and I am blessed to be their mom.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love your post! My son is just turned 9 and you are so right about them being our most beloved treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister and I are 27 and not quite 30, and if you asked our mom I think she would say that while the bulk of the parenting ended when we each got married, (we both married relatively young at 20 and 22), I don't think she anticipated how much she would be involved in our lives as adults. I still call my mom when there is a problem. She was there when both of my children were born. She comforted me when I had a miscarriage. She is the primary baby sitter for my children. I come to her with my worries about my husband's health. I may be (almost) 30, but I am still her beloved. I try to remember that when I look at my own little girl and how fast she is growing up. Thank you for this wonderful reminder of how precious our children are to us. I especially love the part about them being our treasure. (I needed to hear that today after fighting with my daughter over toilet paper overuse and trying to keep my son from eating my laptop.) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete