Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sunshine...

I woke this morning and was so blessed to open up all the curtains and let the sunshine beam through the windows (though they need to be cleaned) haha.

The warmth on the windows was a pleasant change from the very cold, dark months we are coming out of. Thank you Lord for the change of seasons. It is so good to be reminded that things are temporary here on earth.

It resonates with my own season...

Someone said recently- in grief the Lord closes off our brains so our hearts have time to heal. It comforted me as I have felt so confused and disarrayed for so long now.

A song plays in the background- I have not heard it before but recognize it is from the book of Ruth. Where you go, I will go. Who you serve, I will serve. How you love, is how I will love... it goes on and I again feel an awakening within my own soul. It has been a slow arousing, but it is coming- and I appreciate every small part of the change. I am thankful for the process, though the pain has been great.

I have been studying in an older Bible of mine and as I search the Scriptures I find this today: a date (April 1997) near this verse, "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18. I remember the date and season- my first woman's retreat, pregnant with my second child, and my life was a wreck. God has done so much since then. He has restored and healed and blessed so much. Ahhh- just breathing in these rememberances and His faithfulness is good.

I am seeking the Son today. He brings warmth and life and joy and peace and love. I am so thankful He is my breathe and strength. I am so glad He is near as we endure the different seasons in life.

Psalm 67:1 "May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us"
As the sun warms our earth and body's today- this is my prayer for us, that His face would shine upon us, His people!
Be blessed friends! Even when life is hard, God is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment