Friday, March 1, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Ordinary

GO...

This is a word I identify with. I am an ordinary gal living a life the best I can on a day to day basis. My life has had extra-ordinary things interwoven throughout it, but it is mostly ordinary. I have had mountian top experiences and have walked my share of suffering as well.

As a stay at home mom and homeschooler another word that fits with this in my life has been mundane. However, the Lord continually shows me amazing things in the midst of the ordinary and the mundane. So as I serve an extra ordinary God, my life can be anything but ordinary at times and all but mundane.

Even as I type this blog today, my youngest has a house full of friends over and they are listening to music, playing, and laughing together. And though it is an ordinary thing for a bunch of 12 years olds to do together- I sit here full of joy and thankfulness and it makes this moment feel anything but ordinary.

So as we live on and a lot of our days seem to be ordinary- we can rest assure that as we serve the God Almighty, King of the Universe- we can experience so much more than ordinary in our lives on a daily basis. Looking forward to all He has planned for us, for our future- both this side of heaven and that side. Just open up His Word and experience something greater than ordinary any moment of the day.

STOP.


http://lisajobaker.com/five-minute-friday/

4 comments:

  1. I love how you write about the Lord showing the amazing and the graces through the ordinary and the mundane. Motherhood can seem so ordinary and small, but I agree when we pay attention that is where we find the beauty in life and God's grace. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful when the Lord grants you joy in the normalities of life! As a stay at home mom and homeschooler too, I totally understand the mundane. How wonderful that the Lord knows our tendencies and gives us and helps us see wonderful moments in each day! So glad I stopped by from FMF!
    ~Sarah from http://sudryandspecific.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a wonderful thing to see the joy in the mundane. It is most definitely seeing things as the Lord would have us see them. Thank you so much stopping in and reading.

      Delete