Friday, March 8, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Home

GO

Security, comfort, love, laughter- all things that come to mind right away. Home is where so much takes place- the people we really are, shows through best- and hopefully it's a place of refuge from the struggles of the world.

Reality is it is not all these things all the time, but we desire it to be this way. We long for more joy and fun memories...maybe what we are ultimately longing for is our eternal home. This is where we truly long to be.

I am so thankful to live in a nice place to call home. I am thankful for the Lord's blessings of family and the memories we make living under the same roof. I am thankful for the husband I have, who works so hard to provide a home for us. He is so good to us. :)

I pray today that each of our homes are filled with the Spirit and we choose unity and peace. I pray we would be overflowing with love and gratitude for the things we have and put aside thinking on the things we don't.

STOP

Geesh, this five minute thing goes by in a blink of an eye. I love it though-  it gets your mind going in a new direction. :)

Blessings in your home this weekened!!

http://lisajobaker.com/five-minute-friday/

4 comments:

  1. Dear Rose,
    I'm new to five minute Fridays and you're right...those five minutes sure go by fast. :) I love your post. Good reminder that we should be thankful for our physical dwelling, but that our real home is eternal. Reminds me of what Moses said, "God, You have been our dwelling place through all generations." May we all enjoy dwelling in God as our real home.

    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home filled with the Spirit is such a beautiful image! I had to smile when I read that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I pray we would be overflowing with love and gratitude for the things we have and put aside thinking on the things we don't." Yes, and amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps - I often write my 5 on paper, with scribbles and all. Then I type it up. Seems I can think more clearly that way! And I'm sure it's not cheating :)

    ReplyDelete