Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Red lights for days...

With me this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
I know the first part of that statement is true- I am living it. I believe the second part of that statement is true- I am clinging to it.

2 Kings 7:4 (paraphrased by me) We are doomed no matter what we do! So surrender and what will be, will be.

And Elisha's words came true- from faminie to feast, from sorrow to joy, from hopelessness to celebration.

I do not know how our present situation will turn out, but I know that I can not change my circumstances so I will seek the One who can. In fact from my perspective, all looks hopeless. I have been seeking to be filled, but taking in the wrong stuff. Like when we need a good healthy breakfast but go for the maple bar- it still leaves us feeling empty or sick. My mind has been absorbed on all that is lost, all that I have desired and can't obtain.

God your ways are higher than my ways and your thoughts greater than my thoughts! May I rest in that today. I will sit at the red lights until you show me which ones are green.

No comments:

Post a Comment