Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday Meditation: One Thing...

I sit this morning meditating on Matt 26:36-41. Jesus is in the Garden, takes a few disciples with Him and is there to pray- to meet with God and plead for a way out if possible. Now we know the whole story, but they didn't. I would have went to sleep like they did- I am sure of it. I can barely keep my eyes open passed 9pm. Here is Jesus though- stressed and struggling. This comforts me. I know what He was about to face is something much larger than anything I face. He knew the outcome- God had the plan and He was going to overcome. It was just an extremely tough road ahead.

In His anxiety (deep distress my version says)- He goes to the One who could change circumstances- He is fervent in prayer. He lays out His request, but surrenders His will.

Just take that in...Lord this is what I want to do with my worries. Help me walk in the balance of doing my part in things, but learning to rest in Your plan and to surrender to Your will. Lord, I see my spirit is willing and my flesh is weak. I pray for your strength in my life. I desire to grow in Your way and live as You have called me to live. Help me in my struggles and in the end may I surrender to Your will each time.

I think of the song that says- Empty me, Empty me...and Fill me, with You, with  You. ("Holy Fire") Lord I see I have so much that needs to be emptied inside of me. And Lord, if You choose not to change my circumstances, than I pray for your peace and strength to walk the road ahead. I, too, know that ultimatley I will overcome as heaven awaits, but it is the sufferings between now and then that have me tossing and turning and clenching my teeth and fretting each day. Have your way in my life Lord. May I be surrendered before you.


You are the One Thing I need. I do know that. Help me live that out day by day, moment by moment.
You are good, all the time. I believe that. I know You love me and that is the sweetest thing in life.
My desire is to please You so direct my path Lord and help me follow no matter how difficult it is.
There is no one else to go to but You. You are life to me. (Jn 6:68)

No comments:

Post a Comment