Thursday, February 16, 2012

Parking Lots...

Over the past six years, parking lots have been a place of refuge for me. They are where I find myself when I am at the end of my own strength, when I am in a place that I know the only thing that will help me is the Lord. The pains a heart can go through are tremendous and circumstances in life can be crushing. So I have found myself searching for a parking lot at certain times- to pull over and pray and cry out to God. The most amazing thing is- He meets me every time! Though circumstance is what it is- the way I enter the lot and the way I leave are different. Yes, my heart remains heavy and eyes may be puffy- but I go looking for peace and comfort and I leave having received just that. I am so thankful for the Lord. That He cares for us like He does is amazing to me.

I hope you have felt the true peace of God. Once you have experienced it- you will never want to be without it. The way we battle through life though- we so easily loose that- our focus gets off centered or life gets too busy or something happens that just takes you by surprise and you are floored- wind knocked out of you. It is those times you just cling to Him and go wherever you must so that you can sit and rest in Him. Some have a prayer closet, some have a special chair- for me it is in my car in any parking lot that is safe and available. :)

God draws near to the broken hearted...and when we are broken hearted- there is nothing else we desire than for Him to draw near. What an awesome, intimate God we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment